Monday, May 19, 2014

A Tea Party for Madsy

Madelynn's birthday is today!  I can't believe my little girl is FOUR years old! For each of my kids, I want to start making meaningful and fun gifts for their birthdays.  For Annabella, I made a scrappy tutu. Madelynn had already requested a tutu which I was more than happy to make for her, but I wanted to make something that would be a surprise as well.  For Annabella's birthday we bought a pricey wooden tea set for her that the girls LOVE and FIGHT over constantly. So what better idea than to make one for Madsy?!  She loves having tea parties and serving the family tea and pastries, so it's the perfect gift for our sweet girl. I got everything I needed from JoAnn's.


All I needed was a few squares and knobs for pastries, a couple of coasters and tea cups, some tags to make tea bags, a box for the pastries, a serving tray, a couple of pieces of scrap book paper, acrylic paint and a clear acrylic sealer. After a couple of days and some serious sneaking around, I finally got it all painted and sealed for my little girl. 






I used spray adhesive to attach scrap book paper to the inside of the tray, coasters, and the tops of the cardboard boxes. Madelynn loves to put things in boxes and bags, so they were perfect to store the pastries in. Then I painted and sealed all of it. I can't wait for her to see it tonight when she opens her presents!  And here is a photo of her wearing her scrappy birthday tutu that I made her last week!  Happy Birthday Madsy! <3  (I'll do a birthday post with all of her photos and presents soon!)






No comments:

Post a Comment