Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mommy's New Business Venture

Last Sunday I decided to start a new business.  I was perusing Pinterest looking for ideas for Annabella's birthday and came across a picture of a little girl wearing a fabric tutu.  I have a big bin of fabric in the office and .
was immediately inspired to make one for my big girl's birthday.  I got to work immediately and in a couple of hours had made an adorable scrappy fabric tutu.  



That's when it occurred to me that I could totally sell these.  Once I was finished, I took a couple of photos and posted them on a buy/sell Facebook page.  I had two purchases that night and within in the first week I sold four tutus and donated one.  The day after I made the tutu, I decided to start making bow ties and hair bows.  In the first week I sold four bow ties, two hair bows and donated one hair bow.  I was blown away by the immediate interest.  I have a long way to go and a lot of growing to do, but I think I'm off to a good start.  God is in this and when He's in something, you can't go wrong.  



Here are the girls modeling their awesome mommy-made tutus!  

                                 

And here they are modeling their hair bows.  Adorable!


Here's a photo of Noah modeling my first attempt at making a tie.  It's shaped a little funky, but isn't the photo precious?!

I'm so excited to be able to release some pent up creativity and earn some money to help my family.  All the while I get to do it at home in the company of my sweet family.  God is good.  Of course the company is named after my girls: Madsy Bella Boutique.  :)

My Etsy link is www.etsy.com/shop/madsybellaboutique.  I would be honored for you to come visit the shop and place an order!

No comments:

Post a Comment