Tuesday, June 30, 2015

DIY Milk Bottle Decor

With the explosion of farmhouse style (thank you Joanna Gaines!) people have been using a lot of vintage items for decor. I jumped right on the band wagon when we decided to redo our kitchen and aim for a farmhouse feel. The style is so traditional and I really feel like it's going to be around for a while, so we felt comfortable going with the current trend. Plus, I LOVE my farmhouse sink, so I don't care if it's out of style next week, I will forever love it. FOREVER. 

Moving on...

I haven't revealed our kitchen makeover just yet, but I will be in the very near future. For now, please settle for a quick DIY milk bottle project. You can buy milk bottles for anywhere from $5-$20+. It's not that we can't afford a $5 milk bottle, but we already had so many frappuccino bottles on hand and they look just like milk bottles!



This is so simple that it's barely a DIY post. It's more of a "Hey, have you realized this yet?" post. The possibilities with dressing these up are endless. You could paint, distress, use chalkboard labels, fabric, etc. After peeling off the label, I chose to tie lace tulle to the middle of the bottle and wrap jute around the neck. I really think I may paint and distress some soon for another part of the kitchen. I put them on a tray we bought from Ikea and put a dried hydrangea in one of them and BOOM, it's immediate farmhouse decor for FREE. 



Thanks for reading! Now go get that coffee you so desperately need and add a little farmhouse charm to your home! (To see all of the details on the buffet, check out this post!

**UPDATE: Click here to see our Farmhouse Inspired Kitchen reveal**

No comments:

Post a Comment