Monday, January 1, 2018

January 1

Today was a very low key day. We all slept in, exhausted from staying up past our bedtimes last night. Jonathan made us watch old Star Wars movies and all the kids wanted to know was where Rey was and who her family is. Telling them that Rey wasn't in those movies just wasn't making sense to them. 😂

I had to get out of the house, so I got to go on a solo trip to Target for a couple of hours. It was nice to get some alone time after so much holiday craziness. On the way out the door I even saw snow flurries! It is freeeeezing this week with highs in the 30's and lows in the teens to low 20's.

Jonathan and I got to do some cleaning and sorting, determined to have a less cluttered 2018. And we ended the night with dinner at Five Guys and a trip to Walmart. It was just a normal family day, but it was so nice to just be together. Spending time together is absolutely my love language and today was the perfect day. 

This is the only pic I took today, but it definitely embodies how cold it was and how lazy we were!






No comments:

Post a Comment