Monday, December 23, 2013

December 23, 2013

Christmas is two days away.  The girls are singing their precious version of Jingle Bells over and over, Santa is the topic of most conversations, and Christmas Eve has been tomorrow according to Madelynn for about a month now.  We interject a lot of Jesus into our conversations so they can begin to understand the true meaning of Christmas.  Madelynn is catching on and 90% of the time will answer correctly when we ask her what we're really celebrating during Christmas.  The other 10% of the time her answer is "Santa" instead of "Jesus" and I can live with that answer from my 3 year old.  It's got to be hard for a little one to understand when Santa and presents are being crammed down her throat everywhere she goes.  Annabella has a pretty good understanding of Christmas this year, as well.  She loves the Christmas tree, lights, and the stack of presents under the tree.  They watch Christmas movies every day and dance to Christmas songs.  This week they finally started having conversations with each other.  Actual conversations where Madelynn asks Annabella a question and Annabella answers her.  Up until now it's been a lot of jibber jabber on Anna's part and a lot of unanswered questions on Madelynn's part.  They have the same exact laugh and when I hear it, it lights up my heart like nothing I've ever experienced. I catch myself frozen, just watching them.  Watching their smiles, unstoppable laughs, arguments, seeing them learn, and talk to each other.  It's what I wanted for them from the time I found out we were having another little girl.  True sisterly love.  Their bond is so strong and it's a blessing to see them together.  Noah is more active than ever and we're all getting extremely anxious to meet him.  Madelynn tells complete strangers at the store that it's almost Christmas, then it's January and after that her little brother will be here.  She kisses and hugs my tummy and says she's kissing Noah.  They are going to be such great big sisters to our little guy.  My heart is overflowing with love for my family and gratefulness for our Savior.  This Christmas as we celebrate Jesus' birth and ultimately the sacrifice he was sent here to make for us, I am overwhelmed with love and gratitude for such a gift.  Since Jonathan has gotten his new job, he has been able to spend more time with us this Christmas season than ever.  Tomorrow we get to start new Christmas Eve traditions and then we have Christmas Day together.  Our last Christmas as a family of four.  

No comments:

Post a Comment