Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Update on Baby #3

Today we had our 5th ultrasound in five weeks.  My doctor has been keeping a close eye on the baby and its development because of the increased risks associated with conceiving with the IUD.  Today we finally got the "official" okay from the doctor!  He took us into his office prior to my exam to answer any questions and go over the usual new pregnancy spiel.  He did my ultrasound and located the baby and its heartbeat right away.  Again, it was a nice and strong heartbeat and this time we actually got to see little arm and leg nubs.  It's amazing how much can change in just two weeks.  We even saw it wiggling around a little.  Every time I have an ultrasound I can't breathe until I see the baby's heart.  I know in my heart that this baby is meant to be and everything will be okay, but the mommy side of me can't help but worry from time to time.  He assured us once again that everything looks completely normal, in fact everything looks perfect.  




Sweet Baby at 9 weeks


The doctor is not worried in the least about having conceived with the IUD in place and told us that we could just forget that ever happened and move on.  From this point on, my pregnancy is being treated like any other pregnancy and I could not be happier.  I've had to schedule appointments so often that it was actually nice not to have to schedule one in two weeks.  Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the baby so often, but knowing that the doctor is scheduling these ultrasounds because he's concerned about my progress is unsettling.  I was able to schedule a nice, normal appointment in four weeks and we went ahead and scheduled the 20 week ultrasound as well.  That's on September 4th, which happens to be the day that we found out we were pregnant with Madelynn!  I'm already counting down the days to see what gender this precious baby is going to be.  I've spent my day today on Pinterest, organizing my pin boards for the girls' room and creating a new one for the baby.  You can't have a baby without a properly organized pin board, am I right or am I right?!  

Madelynn and Annabella spent most of the day with their Granny.  My mom kept the girls so Jonathan and I could both go to the doctor.  When we picked them up they were crazy from all of the "Granny love".  As soon as we got home, Madelynn stripped down to her panties and they headed up to their playroom.  Before I knew it, Annabella was throwing toys off of the balcony and Madelynn was standing downstairs "catching" them in a basket.  There is never a dull moment in the Bernardon household.  



Phase 1 of Madelynn's "fort" that she made last night.  By the time she was finished, each chair was lying on its side in the foyer and she was having the time of her life.  How long is it going to take me to realize that the best toys are objects lying around our home?




They are finally starting to play with each other without fighting or someone getting hurt.  At this moment, Madelynn was driving a hot wheels over Annabella's torso and most importantly, her face.  They thought it was hilarious. 























No comments:

Post a Comment