Monday, June 17, 2013

The Beginning

A few days ago, Jonathan brought to my attention that I have been very slack in recording our children's milestones.  At this point, I still remember pretty much everything.  Madelynn and Annabella both started walking at 10 months old, Annabella slept through the night from day one, Madelynn started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, etc.  But there are little things that I know I'm forgetting or afraid that I've already forgotten.  Like how when Madelynn had just turned 2 and instead of saying, "I love you" she'd say, "L-O."  And it was the most precious thing that Jonathan and I had ever heard.  Our first born was expressing her love to us.  So my excuse to Jonathan was that I simply didn't have time to write everything down.  I am raising a 1-year old and a 3-year old, I'm pregnant, and I'm a busy housewife.  He let it go, but inside, I couldn't.  He was completely right.  I will regret not having these memories when my babies just aren't babies anymore.  And if I'm forgetting things about Madelynn in just three short years, I will be able to remember very little in twenty.  Instead of compiling a baby book or a scrapbook, I've decided a blog will be best.  It will forever be reserved on the internet and my children can refer to it whenever they choose.  I will still collect items and first hair trimmings for the scrapbook, but daily memories and photos will be compiled right here on this blog.  I look forward to working on the blog, recording our memories and re-reading and reflecting on our lives.  My girls are already growing faster than I could have ever imagined, I don't have any time to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment