Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017

It's been a year since I've posted on our blog. It was intended for us to track memories and keep as a sort of scrap book for the babies when they get older. Inspired by another blog I read, I have decided to treat it as more of a journal. To document each day with something that we did, a photo we took, a memory we made.

2017 was a wonderful year. It's a year that I honestly can't remember any tribulations that we went though. It was a smooth year with good health, growth and goals met. Jonathan took his last graduate classes and got his MBA this month. He is officially finished with school and we couldn't be more proud. Madelynn turned 7 and went into second grade, Annabella turned 5 and went into kindergarten and Noah turned 3 and started preschool. They are all excelling at school, bringing home wonderful report cards and Madelynn is bring home excellent grades. 

Now that Noah is at school, I have a few hours to myself throughout the week. I have dedicated that time to my business and have really seen it flourish this year. Madsy Bella Boutique was busier than ever and I look forward to getting back at it after the first of the year. 

God has truly blessed us and I could not be more grateful. My word of the year for 2018 is NURTURE. Nurture by definition means to care for and encourage the growth or development of. I need to nurture my relationship with Jesus, nurture my relationships with Jonathan and the kids and nurture myself. I want to be more gentle, kind and really focus on the things in this life that matter. Nurturing myself will look like regular sleep, exercise and healthy foods. I want to focus on losing weight and gaining strength, eating for health. I truly believe that if I take better care of myself, I will be better able to care for those that I love. I also plan to execute a better plan for quiet time with God each morning and time for journaling and focused prayer.

I love a fresh start. 2018 is on a Monday. It's a fresh year, fresh month, fresh week. Thank you Jesus for fresh starts.



No comments:

Post a Comment