Friday, March 20, 2015

Raising a Boy-Why I may not make it to 40

Noah is only 13 months old. I can safely say that if he was our first baby, he may have been the ONLY baby! I don't know if it's because he's a boy or if it's his personality, but he is a HANDFUL! 


He's been to the emergency room once. He bangs his head against the floor (whether it be cement or carpet) when he's mad. He has a permanent bruise on his forehead-or multiple bruises across his entire forehead. He has a black eye 70% of the time. He just recently ripped his frenulum in his mouth and blood was EVERYWHERE. He climbs everything. He eats dirt. He bites. He'll throw himself on the ground in a temper tantrum in a second. 




BUT he is such a sweet and loving child. He always needs cuddles to get to sleep and he kisses and hugs constantly. He pretends to feed mommy and laughs so hard when I "eat" his food. He makes the "motor" sounds when he's playing with his cars. He brushes his hair and our hair. He opens up his little snaggle mouth and says "Ahh" when we brush our teeth. He LOVES his sisters and he is CRAZY about daddy, but he has a special place in his heart that's just for mommy and it melts my heart every.single.time.


The fact that he's constantly getting hurt makes me sound like a negligent mother, but I swear I prevent much more than he actually gets. He is fast as lightening and stubborn as a mule and some accidents just cannot be foreseen. 

I wouldn't give up this crazy life for anything and I am so thankful that God chose me to be his mom. I may have a head full of gray hair by the time I'm 30 and I'll be lucky if my heart lasts until I'm 40, but I'll live every moment with a full and joyful heart because he's my baby boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment