Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Let Me Catch You Up

It has been far too long since I updated the blog. Life is crazy, but I wouldn't trade this life for anything. As a follow up to our "We're selling the house" post, we've decided NOT to sell the house. Apparently everyone else in the neighborhood decided to jump on the bandwagon, which was not a good look for potential buyers. It was getting so stressful trying to keep the house "show ready" and at this stage in our lives, I just don't think it was the right move. As much as we wanted it, it wasn't what our family needed. Let me give you an update, person by person, to get caught up from the past couple of months.

Jonathan:  Not only is Jonathan doing an amazing job at work, but he's also in the process of getting a promotion!  He's been moved into a new department and has the title, but will be fully functioning in the position by the end of the year.  He's also in grad school and just passed his first class with a B!  I'm so proud of him!

Me:  Madsy Bella is thriving on Etsy and locally. I just did a photo shoot with a local photographer to cross promote our businesses. The kids got to model my items, so we got to have adorable photos of both the kids and my products. I am so blessed to be able to contribute to our family financially and know that the reason my business is thriving is ONLY because of God. He has blessed me and I'm so thankful. Madsy Bella is a creative outlet for me and it's so rewarding to see parents dressing their little ones in my creations. I have dressed so many little girls for their first birthdays and other special occasions and holidays, and I can't wait to see what else God has in store for Madsy Bella.

Madelynn:  So much is happening for Madelynn right now.  On September 2nd she'll have her first day of pre-k.  Our church has started a private pre-k program that's 4 days a week, only 4 hours a day and I'm so excited to send her. She's going to love it!  She also starts dance class next Wednesday. It's a combination ballet and tap class. We got her dance clothes yesterday, so we're just anxiously awaiting her first day. It's a full year long, unlike her last dance class, and she'll have a recital in May. She also moved into the big kid's class at church!  So now she gets to learn, play games, and sing songs all about God. Prior to this she was just in a nursery and all they did was free play. I love that she's old enough to participate and actually start learning and retaining more information about God. She has so many questions and she already has so much knowledge (for a 4 year old).  Oh!  She also got her ears pierced on Saturday!  She's.getting.so.big.  I can't take it. 



Annabella:  Annabella is potty training!  Well, she's pretty much potty trained.  She wears big girl panties everyday and anytime we go out and she very, very rarely has accidents, even when she's sleeping. She's so proud of her accomplishment and Madelynn has been such a great encourager. She's talking soooo much and has an excellent understanding of what's going on. She follows directions very well and has developed quite a feisty little personality. I am so proud of my big girl.


Noah:  Noah.is.HUGE! He's 6 months old and is outgrowing his 9 month clothing. He's also teething, starting to crawl, and trying to pull up on things. He's still exclusively breast fed and judging by his size and development, he's getting more than enough just from nursing, so I have no plans to feed him solid foods anytime soon. He is so in love with his sisters and would rather be playing in the floor with them than anything else. Well, except for eating. He's a precious little boy and so full of joy. He's by far the easiest baby we've had, so we can take him with us pretty much anywhere without any problems. He rarely cries and constantly asks to eat or wants to cuddle. It's so sweet. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment